38 Meyrick Street
Consumer Line - 03454 04 05 06
Welsh Language - 03454 04 05 05
Mon to Fri - 9am to 5pm
What is the overall purpose of the role?
Financial capability work gives people a basic financial education to help them make better budgeting, borrowing, saving and banking decisions.
Within this role you will be working alongside the financial capability trainer and helping to develop and deliver financial education to individuals and groups.
Please note: This role could also involve travelling to other locations throughout the county.
What will I do?
• Delivering financial capability sessions in an interesting and engaging manner; covering debt prevention, money management skills such as budgeting, using bank accounts, options for borrowing and saving, and dealing with debt.
• Ensuring feedback is received from clients. Review, revise and improve sessions and materials in the light of feedback.
• Making accurate records of education sessions and clients seen, using bureau case recording systems and other monitoring systems required by funders.
What skills and experience will I need to be a volunteer?
• Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and principles of the CAB service and its equality and diversity policies.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Understanding the basics of coaching and motivating individuals.